Robyn Waffle is a multi-disciplined artist and designer based out of Toronto Canada. A graduate from Ryerson University's Fashion Communications Program, Robyn focused on Fashion Illustration and Marketing during her time there. When she graduated she was offered a solo show at M:One:11 Gallery where she exhibited a collection of edgy, larger-than-life, black and white fashion illustrations. Robyn titled this show Fashion Phantom and donated all of her art sales to Sheena's Place in Toronto. With the exposure of her Fashion Phantom exhibition Robyn received a lot attention from Toronto's most notable graffiti artists and spent the next few years collaborating with them on artworks and ultimately the launch of Charlie's Gallery in 2007.
Robyn has since gone on and applied her talents to textile design, graphic and web design, interior styling and creative direction. After living abroad and studying in Melbourne Australia and Vancouver BC, Robyn has settled in Toronto's High Park area where she designs area rugs, textiles and contemporary art installations for Totem Design Co.; a creative company she co-founded with her husband Yvan Semenowycz in 2014.
Robyn is open to all kinds of creative work and loves to be challenged. She has designed promotional materials and forward thinking websites for LHD Tapis, Ensemble Staging, Totem Design Co. and Modallion by Reznick Carpets. Her design work has been highlighted in Toronto's Interior Design Show, Azure Magazine, Toronto Star, National Post, Globe & Mail, CityLine, Wired Germany, BlogTO, Designlines Magazine, Chatelaine Magazine and Toronto Life.
Robyn is available for contract work in home styling, textile design, illustration, graphic design, web design and creative direction.
• WOVEN SPACE - Come Up to My Room - Toronto Design Offsite Festival - Toronto ON - January 2017
• ELEVATION Window Display - Toronto Design Offsite Festival - Toronto ON - January 2017
• Arctic Sea Ice Installation - Interior Design Show - Toronto ON - January 2015
• Emery Street Records Launch Party - Farnham Quebec - November 2014
• Crease Pattern Window Display - Toronto Design Offsite Festival - January 2014
• Crease Patterns Collection - Interior Design Show - Toronto ON - January 2014
• Rug Stance Solo Show - Colourfield Gallery - Toronto ON - July 2013
• Accordion Collection - Interior Design Show - Toronto ON - January 2013
• Across the Line Collection - Interior Design Show - Toronto ON - January 2012
• Together Is Amazing - SHAW Cable Commercial - Vancouver BC - May 2010
• Spring Fever Solo show - The Whip Gallery - Vancouver BC - April 2010
• Tidal Rising Solo Show - Anza Club - Vancouver BC - March 2009
• OZ Group Show - Anza Club - Vancouver BC - November 2008
• SLAW Solo Show - Charlie's Gallery - Toronto ON - February 2008
• Fashion Phantom Solo Show - M:ONE:11 Gallery - Toronto ON - September 2006
Bachelor of Design & Communications - Ryerson University, Toronto CA
Fashion Illustration Major - Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne AUS
Abstract Painting - Lanagara College, Vancouver CA
Exchange Abroad Award - Ryerson University 2004
Herman Miller Juror's Choice Award - January 2013
In collaboration with Toronto based industrial design firm Fugitive Glue, Robyn designed a rug collection inspired by the Oil Sands in Toronto's Design Offsite Festival in 2013.
Design Lines Loves Award - 2013
Design Lines Loves Award - 2014